Whole Woman's Health of Charlottesville is honored to carry forward the care provided by Dr. Fitzhugh at the former Charlottesville Medical Center for Women. We provide abortion care services up to (11.6 weeks) 13.6 weeks LMP of pregnancy. We are a patient-centered women's abortion clinic and healthcare practice, where our focus is on the whole woman: her mind, her heart, and her body. We believe all healthcare, especially women's health and abortion services, can better serve our community with a holistic approach. We explain medical procedures and share their results, and we pay attention to how our patients feel. We have all been patients before, and we understand the fear and the anxiety that is often experienced in medical settings.
Whole Woman's Health of Charlottesville offers comprehensive women's health services, including:
- Abortion care, including abortion pill up to 8 weeks (10 weeks LMP), surgical abortion care up to 11.6 weeks (13.6 weeks LMP)
- Therapeutic abortion appointments, for women with special needs
- Individual and family counseling services for pregnancy options
- Compassionate physicians, staff and nurses available to meet your healthcare needs
- Birth control including long acting contraceptive methods like IUDs and implants
- Options counseling
We pride ourselves on our private, individualized approach. We are happy to invite your family or loved ones to be a part of your experience here, if you like. We also offer private abortion care, VIP (you are the only patient) abortion care and fast-track appointment. Please contact us for these or other special accommodations.
We believe that compassionate, personal, safe abortion care is a vital part of healthcare for women. We specialize in this unique area of medicine and possess a remarkable level of expertise. Our Whole Woman's Health clinics lead the nation in abortion care for your body, your mind and your heart. Our Individualized Services include:
Free Walk-in Pregnancy Tests
Early pregnancy testing (4-5 days after conception) available.
Ultrasounds to determine the exact length of the pregnancy. (Special discounts are offered to un-insured women, or women with financial need.)
(Sometimes called the Abortion Pill) Available to women up to 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Early Surgical Abortion
Specialized surgical abortion care for 3-5 weeks of pregnancy.
First Trimester Abortion care
1 Day abortion procedures up to 11.6 weeks with optional IV Sedation.
Private Abortion Care and Fast-Track options
Private and Fast-Track appointments available for patients in unique circumstances.
Personal fundraising, discounts and immediate financial help for patients in need.
We understand this can be a challenging time for you. We pride ourselves in making our abortion care services among the most affordable in the area. We will respect your needs and work to make you comfortable during your time with us. We understand that an abortion decision requires time, thought, and trust. An unplanned pregnancy often provokes an intense examination of our life and our values. A planned pregnancy that is no longer possible, or is medically challenged, can be heartbreaking. Our trained counseling team allows you the space to explore your feelings and get you the support you need to move forward. We honor and respect the complexity of every woman's life and every pregnancy decision. Call us with any questions or to make an appointment for any service, or to simply talk about your situation. Our warm staff will gather your information, thoroughly answer your questions, and explain your options.
In order to better serve you, we offer most of our information sheets and patient forms online. We do not require that you complete these forms prior to your appointment, however please feel free to do so. If you are still unsure of which abortion method suits your individual needs, please talk to one of our staff, or complete this online workbook: Abortion: Which Method is Right for Me?
Forms required for all abortion procedures:
Medical-History - English
Medical-History - Spanish
Counseling Conversation Worksheet
Counseling Worksheet - English
Counseling Worksheet - Spanish
Certification of Compliance with Virginia Code
Compliance Certification - English
Compliance Certification - Spanish
Birth Control History and Consent
Contraceptive Screening - English
Contraceptive Screening - Spanish
Sonogram Consent Forms
Sonogram Consent - English
Sonogram Consent - Spanish
Additional forms for the abortion pill:
Abortion Pill Information Packet
Medication Abortion Info - English
Medication Abortion Info - Spanish
Medical Abortion Consent
Medication Abortion Consent - English
Medication Abortion Consent - Spanish
Medication Abortion Take Home Info - English
Medication Abortion Take Home Info- Spanish
At Home Symptom Diary
At Home Symptom Diary (English)
Additional forms for early surgical abortion:
First Trimester Surgical Abortion Information Packet
Surgical Abortion Info (English)
Spanish Surgical Abortion Info (Spanish)
Surgical Abortion Consent
Surgical Abortion Consent (English)
Surgical Abortion Consent (Spanish)
Surgical Abortion Post-Op Instructions
Surgical Abortion Take Home Info (English)
Surgical Abortion Take Home Info (Spanish)
Additional forms for minors (under age 18) seeking an abortion
In Virginia, state law requires a parent consent to an abortion procedure for their child, if the child is under 18. The parent/guardian must be notified by Whole Woman's Health by telephone or in-person 24 hours before, or in writing 72 hours before, the abortion.
The form below must be signed by the parent and child, and the parent's signature must be notarized by a notary public. We offer a notary public at our clinic free of charge, for parents who wish to sign the consent here on the day of the abortion.
Parental Consent - English
- Minor declares that she is abused or neglected, and the physician has reason to suspect such neglect/abuse and reports it.
- Patient is an emancipated minor (emancipated can be because she is married, even if no longer married; active military duty; willingly living separately from parents, with their consent; and/or has an order of emancipation).
- Judicial Bypass: hearing must occur within 4 business days; Judge should authorize the abortion if the minor is mature and able to make decision, or if the abortion is deemed to be in the minor's best interest. Judge may, or may not, waive parental notification depending on circumstances.
When you call our office, our staff will discuss your options and estimate the total cost of your procedure.
Our abortion prices include everything you need as a part of your visit:
- Your ultrasound
- All necessary lab tests
- A private counseling education and information session
- Local anesthesia
- The abortion, whether by pill or surgery
- Light sedation and pain management medications
- Post-surgical aftercare, with a light snack and relaxing tea
- Your follow-up appointment
We are able to offer a small discount to students, Medicaid recipients, and military personnel and their families. Please let us know if you'd like to take advantage of one of these discounts, so we can have you bring the appropriate identification to your appointment.
* All discounts are subject to approval and may not be used in conjunction with funding, insurance, and/or Medicaid.
*We accept insurance and Medicaid for abortion services in all states where we are allowed to.
We are contracted with most major insurance carriers, including United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, and Humana. We strongly recommend researching the benefits on your plan, as many carriers cover reproductive services such as abortion and birth control - our staff would be happy to help you determine the coverage on your plan. In order to use your insurance at your appointment, we ask that you provide us with your insurance information 24 hours prior to the day of your appointment. If we are not contracted with your insurance plan, our staff can provide you with the proper documentation and coding to facilitate reimbursement to you by your carrier.
*Additional funding and discounts are not available if you are utilizing insurance.
Current abortion fees
Please feel free to call our office and talk with our staff to get a fee estimate for your visit.
First day counseling fee $100
Abortion pill $375
First trimester surgical abortion (up to 12 weeks) $375
First trimester surgical abortion (12-13.6 weeks) $425
IV Sedation $50
We are in North Charlottesville just off 29 and Greenbrier. Not far from COSTCO or Fashion Square Mall.
- From the North (Ruckersville, Northern Virginia). Take 29 South into Charlottesville. After you pass the Fashion Square Mall on your left, turn right onto Westfield Road (just before Costco). Turn Left onto Commonwealth Drive. Our building will be on your right.
- From Lynchberg and points South: Take 29 North, at Stonefield Shopping Center, make a Left onto Hydraulic Road. Turn Right on Commonwealth Drive. Our building will be on your left.
- From Richmond and points East – take 64 West to exit 124 (Route 250) and turn Right onto 250. Make a Right onto Hydraulic Road. Pass Whole Foods and Stonfield Shopping Center. Make a right onto Commonwealth Drive. We will be on the left.
- From Staunton and points West. Take 81 South to 64 East. Take exit 118 B onto Route 29 North. Left onto Greenbriar Drive and second right onto Commonwealth Drive.