Whole Woman’s Health, LLC, and clinics managed by Whole Woman’s Health (collectively “Whole Woman’s Health”, “WWH,” or “we”) are committed to treating your personal data with care and respect. This statement explains our data practices and the choices you can make about the way the information you provide us is collected and used. For easy and direct access, we provide a link to this statement from the footer of our home page and all other pages of the website (the “Site”).
What Information We Collect
WWH collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences from our services. We and our service providers collect information that you provide when you use the Site, including, but not limited to, when you:
- create an appointment;
- make a donation to Whole Woman’s Health Alliance, “WWHA”;
- contribute content to the Site, such as when you “Share Your Story” or comment on an article;
- use interactive features on the Site, such as our tools and apps or the chat feature;
- make a purchase;
- sign an online petition;
- apply for a job or for a volunteer or internship opportunity;
- sign up to receive updates and other communications from Whole Woman’s Health;
- participate in polls or surveys; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your photograph;
- your contact information, such as your physical address, email address, and phone number;
- your username, password, and other account information;
- demographic information such as your age, gender, and ethnicity;
- transaction-related information, such as credit card information;
- information you provide when submitting an application for employment, internship, or volunteer opportunities; and
- information you provide when you request information or contact us.
You have control over your own privacy. Think carefully before providing any personal or financial information online.
Information Automatically Collected From You
We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, your geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Site, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Site, and the search terms you enter on the Site. This information allows us and our service providers to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Site, to improve the Site and the services we provide, and to provide you with Targeted Advertisements. We and our service providers (including Tealium) may collect this information using “pixels” and “tags,” which place and read “cookies,” which are small text files that many websites save on your computer when you visit and access when you return, or similar technologies (pixels, tags, and cookies hereinafter referred to collectively as “cookies”). We also collect this information by setting a unique anonymous identifier called User ID, set by Universal Google Analytics. User ID helps identify unique users across multiple devices and browsers. Clearing your cookies does not ensure that you will not be recognized as the same unique visitor even after you cleared them.
If you are accessing this website from a country in the European Union, please note that this website and the information contained in it is not provided for or directed to you.
How We Use Your Information
We and our affiliates may use the information we collect from or about you through the Site for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- processing any transactions you have authorized;
- following up on services or information we provided to you;
- contacting you about fundraising campaigns or advocacy efforts;
- delivering advertisements targeted to your interests based on your previous activity on the Site (commonly referred to as “Targeted Advertisements”) as well as other marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- conducting research;
- promoting Whole Woman’s Health’s services or illustrating the importance of reproductive health and rights;
- processing an employment, internship, or volunteer application;
- providing you with information about the Site or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Site and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Site or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including for the delivery of Targeted Advertisements.
To further demonstrate how we and our affiliates may use the information we collect from or about you through the Site, we provide the following examples:
- If you make a donation via the Site, your information will be added to one or more of our supporter lists and databases, and you may be contacted about other Whole Woman’s Health activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- If you join or opt-in to our activist network, you will receive informational updates and action alerts about reproductive health and rights issues. In addition, your information will be added to one or more of our supporter lists and databases, and you may be contacted about other Whole Woman’s Health activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- If you view certain content on the Site, we or a service provider of ours may later display an advertisement related to that content on a different webpage that you visit through the Site or on another non-Whole Woman’s Health website that has a relationship with the service provider.
- If you use our website to submit your resume or materials for a paid or volunteer position, your information will be stored in a centralized database and may be accessible to our separately incorporated affiliates, who may be seeking candidates for full-time, part-time, or volunteer positions.
How Your Information is Disclosed
- to our clinics;
- to service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use the information solely to carry out the services that they are performing for us, including, but not limited to, service providers who process credit card transactions, facilitate our fundraising activities and campaigns, and deliver Targeted Advertisements on our behalf;
- to other organizations that work with us for the provision of co-branded communications about Whole Woman’s Health and those organizations’ products or services;
- to other organizations with whom Whole Woman’s Health participates in exchanges of supporter or donor information (e.g., donor list rental) and the service providers that facilitate such exchanges;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, a court order, or government reporting obligations;
- to service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified information, such as reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, with third parties, including researchers.
In addition to the records left on your computer by cookies, your browser and operating system contain other records of your web browsing and other actions (e.g., browser history). As with cookies, you can find information about how to clear these history trails in your browser’s “Help” menu.
If you wish to review the contact information we have on file for you, correct your contact information, or inform us how you wish your contact information to be used, please contact our staff using the contact information below.
To opt-out of Google Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser.
Where Information is Processed
Information collected through the Site will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates and service providers located in other countries. By using the Site, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
How Your Information is Secured
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected through the Site. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. If you have concerns about the security of sensitive information, do not send it electronically.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing to the mailing address below.
Whole Woman’s Health, LLC
1001 East Market Street, Suite 200
Charlottesville, VA 22902
When you contact us or otherwise submit content via the Site, if you desire to remain anonymous, you should not tell us your name or the names of your friends or any other individuals. To fully protect your privacy, do not provide any information that you think may identify you or others.