Whole Woman’s Health offers a progressive, feminist environment for professional growth and satisfaction. Our staff consists of committed, innovative, talented, and fun people. We employ physicians, nurses, medical assistants, counselors, social workers, administrative assistants, and patient advocates. Working at Whole Woman’s Health changes your life.
We are here to change how women experience themselves in the world; women’s healthcare is our venue.
We have a holistic approach to healthcare. We understand that women experience medical issues with their whole selves, often including their families, their religion/beliefs, their history, and their dreams. We listen to women, trust women and are here to guide them through their choices.
We are women’s health care providers specializing in abortion. It is our mission to welcome and treat the whole woman – her head, her heart, and her body. We provide education, counseling, informed consent, medical care, and trust. We honor women’s hopes, dreams and intentions in all of the care that we provide.
We also offer volunteer and internship opportunities. Our volunteers and interns are just as much a part of Whole Woman’s Health as our other staff; they are given the same deep training in our procedures and philosophy, and they are held to the same high standards of care for our patients. We are eager to create a meaningful position for people who want to make a difference. Contact us for more information on our volunteer and internship program.
We encourage you to fax or e-mail your resume to the contact information provided below. For more open positions please visit our careers page on Indeed.
To apply to any of the open positions below, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are here to change how women experience themselves in the world; women’s healthcare is our venue.
We have a holistic approach to healthcare. We understand that women experience medical issues with their whole selves, often including their families, their religion/beliefs, their history and their dreams. We listen to women, trust women and are here to guide them through their choices.
We are women’s health care providers specializing in abortion. It is our mission to welcome and treat the whole woman – her head, her heart and her body.
We provide education, counseling, informed consent, medical care, and trust. We honor women’s hopes, dreams and intentions in all of the care that we provide.
The Marketing Manager will contribute to the planning and implementation of strategic and product marketing while leading business development initiatives to support the mission and vision of Whole Woman’s Health by expanding awareness, engaging the public, attracting new audiences, developing marketing, building market share, generating leads in all markets and increasing overall profit contribution throughout the organization.
This entry level Marketing Manager must be pro-choice and committed to destigmatizing abortion within our communities.
- 4-year degree, preferably Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- Entry-level marketing experience with a minimum of 2-4 years in coordinating marketing and/or advertising campaigns, to include online placements.
- Self-starter who can work independently as part of a national team.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Unparalleled communication, writing, and editing skills required.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques.
- Keen eye for graphic design, attention to detail, and creativity.
- Proficiency with various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr
- Interest and knowledge of current events and marketing trends within specific geographic area(s).
- Devise and manage local marketing initiatives, including traditional and digital media.
- Perform marketing research within each community to better identify target audiences and needs.
- Utilize research findings to generate leads and maintain consistent reach, awareness, and opportunities for growth in each market.
- Develop innovative ways to reach a target demographic in each market to include the use of technological advances, outreach organizations, advertising, and patient trends.
- Create sales growth opportunities by developing community relations and identifying referral sources.
- Support the integrated marketing team by providing written content for branded emails, social media posts and campaigns, offline marketing material, web based stories and blogs.
- Help review content documents across all departments for relevancy, consistency, and brand compliance.
- Help identify opportunities for new content and PR based projects that drive organizational objectives.
- Perform research on competitors and trends, share findings with the integrated marketing team, and take the lead on creating projects that bring in new revenue.
- Design and manage public programs and events in concert with the VP of Marketing and PR and other Marketing Managers with the organization.
- Plan and administer community outreach and initiate new collaborations within each WWH community.
- Represent WWH at events both on-site and within the community
- Work with leaders to better learn what patient needs are in order to better market and advertise specific services in each market
- Reviews projects across the organization to ensure proper grammar, accuracy, and meeting of style guidelines.
- Plans and develops communications to support marketing objectives.
- Collects data to continually improve quality and effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Provides consultation and acts as a resource for local marketing and public relations initiatives.
Provides excellent customer service to internal customers and effectively interfaces with outside constituents, consultants, and vendors.
Directly responsible to: VP of Marketing and Public Relations
Positions available: 2
Location(s): Austin, TX and Charlottesville, VA
All interested applicants, please submit their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EmpowerLine Women’s Health Advocate
Deadline: Open until filled; interviews scheduled on a rolling basis
Whole Woman’s Health is a privately-owned feminist organization, committed to providing holistic care for women. We are a group of women’s clinics providing comprehensive gynecology services, including abortion care. It is our philosophy that each woman must be at the center of her own healthcare decisions, and that treating each woman holistically — honoring her head and her heart as well as her body — will better serve women and improve women’s health and happiness in our communities.
The EmpowerLine is the contact center for Whole Woman’s Health. Collectively we have thousands of phone conversations each week with people all across the country regarding the abortion care process. Through these conversations, we break down cultural stigmas around abortion, contraception, and sex. We honor women’s hopes, dreams, and intentions in the phone care we provide. Additionally, we foster a stable, healthy, happy, and progressive work environment.
Reports to: Empower Line Administrator
Status: Full time and part time, non-exempt hourly position. Rotating morning and evening shifts- 6 days a week.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Experience: One year’s experience in a health care facility or working in customer service with multiple phone lines and/or call center experience. Counseling experience in a related field such as domestic violence, youth, etc. is beneficial. Fluency in the Spanish language is priority, but other languages welcome.
The EmpowerLine Women’s Health Advocate is most often the first person a potential patient speaks to over the phone about their abortion, thus they are a very important ambassador for Whole Woman’s Health. The Women’s Health Advocate must maintain a warm, non-judgmental attitude, as they will provide guidance to callers by answering questions, scheduling appointments, providing financial counseling, and anticipating patient needs prior to arrival at the clinic. Candidates must be pro-choice. Our team welcomes committed workers with a strong work ethic and positive outlook who support diverse cultures. This job is ideal for a new graduate, and someone seeking exposure to reproductive justice and patient advocacy through challenging work in a progressive field.
- Schedule patients for abortion care, pregnancy options counseling, and gynecology care.
- Work as a team to offer patient-centered care through advocacy, education, and empathetic listening, as well as partnering with community resources.
- Be available to answer phone calls from patients, parents, and partners regarding the abortion procedure, contraception, aftercare, and state laws applicable to abortion.
- Women’s Health Advocate may also be required to complete other types of phone communication with patients, including no-show check ins and confirmation calls.
- Proficiency in and adherence to internal systems regarding how an appointment is made, the purpose of the paperwork involved, and what paperwork goes where, including those related to insurance and private funding organizations.
- Uphold Whole Woman’s Health customer service standards including, but not limited to, answering incoming phone calls by the third ring and putting ‘people before paper.”
- Strong aptitude in operating computers and use of the Whole Woman’s Health appointment software, Advanced MD. Proficiency in and adherence to internal systems.
- Be knowledgeable of all funding options for each patient.
- Be able to increase the patient’s comfort, and to provide an atmosphere of non-judgmental support wherein the patient may freely express questions and concerns about her pregnancy and abortion.
- Be able to ascertain how much the woman already knows about the abortion procedure, and provide an appropriate description of the female anatomy, pregnancy, and the abortion procedure as needed. Knowledge of early termination of pregnancy, Cytotec, laminaria, etc. is mandatory. The step-by-step explanation of the procedure includes information about possible discomfort and estimated time requirements
- Give the client the opportunity to express further questions or concerns and encourage her to identify and use her internal and external resources for coping in a positive manner with the abortion experience. At this point, the Women’s Health Advocate may occasionally (and actively) suggest referral for additional counseling or other services, and/or offer resources (services, pamphlets, books, and web-sites).
Experience and Skills
- Ability to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, creative, able to work independently and with a team.
- General knowledge of reproductive systems.
- Highly organized.
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to accuracy.
- Responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office.
- Believes in abortion access and full reproductive healthcare for all.
- Believes in and promotes a culture of empowerment.
- Be professional, courteous, and savvy at all times.
- To communicate verbally with excellent diction.
- React physically and mentally to emergency situation.
- Be able to give care without bias or judgment.
- Be able to give care with dignity and respect, in a manner that is empowering and enhances her self-esteem and self-worth.
- To understand that we do not create victims. We trust and listen to women.
- Be flexible, cooperative, and adaptable.
- Loves to learn new things, jumps in and asks questions, participates actively in the learning process.
- Speaking a second language is beneficial.
Must possess the ability and capability to perform any task in the office. Must be able to lift 15 lbs or more and be able to physically move through the office unaided. Must have strong hearing and visual acuity.
Must possess the ability to remain seated and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Full time and part time, non-exempt hourly position.
- Health insurance, vision, dental coverage eligibility immediately effective after 90 days probation is completed as outlined in the Employee Handbook for full time employees.
- Sick/PTO after 90 days probation is completed as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- 401K participation after one year of employment and 1000 hours worked for full time employees.
Please note that this is a working job description that may evolve as the needs of the company change.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com