WHOLE WOMAN’S HEALTH PRESS
At Whole Woman’s Health, our work doesn’t just stop at providing women with healthcare. It’s no secret that the right to safe, legal abortion has been a point of contention both in the media, and in our government. We’re proud to be one of the voices that speak on behalf of women. Here is a list of news stories, and speeches that have been contributed to, or written, by staff-members of Whole Woman’s Health.
Online and Print Articles
- State Seeks Emergency Sta
- Texas Abortion Ruling not a Knockout - NBC Evening News, 10/29/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks to reporters about Judge Yeakel’s ruling.
- Abortion Regulations Trial Continues in Federal Court - The Austin Chronicle, 10/22/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller’s live witness testimony is quoted.
- Abortion Providers Continue Court Battle in Texas - The Texas Tribune, 10/22/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller speaks about being a plaintiff in Planned Parenthood v Texas.
- Democrat proposes adoption-course before Texas abortions - The Seattle Times, 08/03/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks about the proposed adoption course in the Texas Legislature.
- Border Town Women Turn to Mexico for Abortion Pill - Texas Public Radio, 07/26/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks about our clinic in McAllen and what its closure means for women on the border.
- What Now? What Next? - Austin Chronicle, 07/26/2013, The Austin Chronicle goes in depth with Amy Hagstrom Miller and the atmosphere of abortion in Texas in the wake of the passage of House Bill 2.
- Some Experts Predict New Texas Abortion Law Will Drive Women to Risky, Unproven Do-it-Yourself Methods - ABC 23 Bakersfield, 07/23/2013, Amy interviewed with ABC 23 Bakersfield on what the new Texas abortion laws mean for women on the border.
- New Abortion Law will Likely Shutter Beaumont Clinic - Beaumont Enterprise, 07/19/2013, Amy interviewed with the Beaumont Enterprise on what House Bill 2 means for our clinic in Beaumont.
- Rick Perry Signs Abortion Bill Into Law - Huffington Post, 07/18/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks about House Bill 2′s effect on our clinics in Texas.
- “What Kind of Abortions are we Really Willing to Let Texas Woman Have?” - RH Reality Check, 07/08/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller’s testimony against Senate Bill 1.
- Pro-Choice Activists Flood Texas Capitol in Round Two of Abortion Battle - TruthOut, 07/03/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks about the awakening progressive climate in Texas.
- Expect the Unexpected - The New York Times, 6/28/213, Amy Hagstom Miller Talks about restrictions of SB5.
- In Texas, a Senator’s Stand Catches the Spotlight - The New York Times, 6/26/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller Talks About the Dangers of SB5
- Amy Hagstrom Miller’s People’s Filibuster Testimony Opposing Texas Abortion Restrictions - RH Reality Check, 6/21/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller’s Testimony Against House Bill 60
- Extreme Anti-Abortion Legislation Heard in Senate Committee - Burnt Orange Report, 6/14/2013, Mentions Amy Hagstrom MIller’s Testimony against Senate Bill 5
- Abortion Regs Hearing: Deja Vu All Over Again - Austin Chronicle, 6/14/2013, Mentions Amy Hagstrom Miller’s Testimony Against Senate Bill 5.
- Senate Panel Hears Abortion Debate - Houston Chronicle, 6/13/2013, Our San Antonio Clinic Specifically Mentioned
- Agenda Texas: Abortion Regulation Could Close Clinics - KUT News, 4/2/2013
- How to Close Abortion Clinics Under the Guise of Women’s Safety - San Antonio Current, 3/27/2013
- Critics of State Bill Say That it Would Restrict Abortions - New York Times, 3/23/2013
- Working To End the Stigma – Minnesota Women’s Press, August 2012
- Winning One War on Abortion, But Losing the Other – Ms. Magazine, 2/21/2012
- The Real People Behind the Restrictions - RH Reality Check, 2/19/2012
- Sonogram Law Draws Complaints – Austin American Statesman, 2/9/2012
- Texas Begins Enforcing Strict Anti-Abortion Sonogram Laws – MSNBC News, 2/8/2012
- Required Delay Between Sonogram and Abortion Causes Logistical Issues – The New York Times, 1/28/2012
- Texas Legislation Adds Conditions on Abortion – The Wall Street Journal, 5/11/11
- Crossing the Line - The Nation 8/26/2010 - In Texas, the combination of abstinence education and anti-abortion stigma is driving some women away from abortion clinics to unsafe do-it-yourself chemical abortions at home. Is the post-Roe era already here?
- Picking Up the Reigns - On the Issues Magazine, Winter 2010
- Tone Shifting in Abortion-Rights Movement - National Public Radio (NPR), 3/14/2006
- Whole Woman’s Health Opens Doors to Serve Women of Katrina - Common Dreams NewsCenter, 9/8/2005
- Abortion Clinics Still Face Closure After Monday’s Ruling - 10/29/2013, KEYE Visited our Austin Clinic to Look at How the ASC Provision of HB 2 Affects Us.
- Abortion Lawsuit Now in the Hands of a Federal Judge - 10/23/2013, Interview with Amy Hagstrom Miller outside of the federal courthouse.
- Texas Abortion Legislation Raises Concerns - Al Jazeera, 08/03/2013, Al Jazeera stops by our McAllen clinic to look at how these laws affect women on the border.
- Delving Deep into the Heart of Texas’ Abortion Battle - Melissa Harris-Perry, 07/21/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller on a live panel on the MHP show to talk about the abortion battle being waged in Texas.
- Rachel Maddow – Clinic Closures - Rachel Maddow Show, 07/18/2013, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks with Rachel Maddow about House Bill 2′s effect on our Texas clinics.
- Opponents Try to Stop Controversial Abortion Law in Texas - CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley, Amy Hagstrom Miller Talks About the Dangers of SB5, 6/26/2013
- Texas Bill Puts Strong Restrictions on Abortions - KEYETV, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks about Anti-Choice Bills in the Special Session, 6/19/2013
- Capital Tonight: Abortion Law in Texas - YNN Austin, Amy Hagstrom Miller talks about Anti-Choice Bills in the Special Session, 6/19/2013
- Ultrasound Before Termination?·- Huffpost Live, Amy Hagstrom Miller Talks about Texas’ Forced Sonogram Law and how it Applies to Wisconsin Law, 6/17/2013
- Abortion Access on the Chopping Block in Texas·- MSNBC, Amy Hagstrom Miller Weighs in on Anti-Choice Bills in Texas, 6/15/2013
- Bill Requires Surgical Center at Abortion Clinic - KXAN, Amy Hagstrom Miller gives KXAN a tour of Whole Woman’s Health of Austin, 6/13/2013
- The State of Women’s Health - Texas Tribune, Amy Hagstrom Miller weighs in on women’s rights within the current political climate, 4/25/2013
- An Abortion Provider Speaks – An Audio Interview with Amy Hagstrom Miller – RH Reality Check, 7/5/2009
- Abortion Providers Describe New Sonogram Rules – Texas Tribune, 1/27/2012
- The Rachel Maddow Show – 8/10/2009
- Abortion 40 years after Roe vs. Wade – Elizabeth Cohen, CNN, 01/22/2013
- YNN Capitol Tonight – Texas Policy Evaluation Project Briefing at the Capitol – YNN 03/06/2013
- Up All Night - BBC Radio, Amy Hagstrom Miller along with 4 other women interviewed for International Women’s Day, 03/08/2013